Letter, Apr. 4, 1904-Dec. 6, 1920
Scope and Contents
Series level description: This series contains Payne's professional correspondence, including letters from President Woodrow Wilson, invitations, and one Christmas Card. The majority of the correspondence is from Federal Agencies including: The White House, United States Senate, The House of Representatives, and The Post Master General. Correspondence also includes letters from Payne's former employer, as well as letters of thanks, and requests from private entities.
- Apr. 4, 1904-Dec. 6, 1920
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research. The digital collection can be accessed through the VMFA Collections Search website.
Conditions Governing Use
In Copyright: http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from the Curatorial Division.
- Charlottesville (Va.) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- New York (N.Y.)--Pictorial works. Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Payne, John Barton, 1855-1935 Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Washington (D.C.) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- York Harbor (Me.) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
Part of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Archives Repository
Margaret R. and Robert M. Freeman Library
200 N. Arthur Ashe Boulevard
Richmond VA 23220-4007 United States