Records of the Exhibition Design Department (RG-32)
- 1990-2000 [minimally processed; subject to change]
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is minimally unprocessed. Requests to perform research must be submitted to the VMFA Archives at least one business day in advance.
As custodians of public records, VMFA only restricts access to public records when sensitive information is present. Such restrictions are applied in accordance with the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (Code of Virginia, § 2.2-3700 thru § 2.2-3714) and the Government Data Collection and Dissemination Practices Act (Code of Virginia, § 2.2-3800 thru § 2.2-3809).
Conditions Governing Use
The collection is subject to all copyright laws. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright, beyond that allowed by fair use, requires the researcher to obtain permission of copyright holders.
3.75 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection is organized into one series.
- Series 1
- Design Files, 1990-2000, undated
The collection was transferred from the Exhibition Design Department through periodic deposits.
In general, during processing, all publications are removed and added to the VMFA Library’s holdings and original newspaper clippings are photocopied, with identifiers transferred, and then destroyed. Original folder titles are retained, when provided.
- Finding Aids to the Institutional Records of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in the VMFA Archives | Records of the Exhibition Design Department
- Record Group 32 (RG-32)
- In Progress
- Courtney Tkacz, VMFA Archivist; Finding aid encoded by Sylvio Lynch III, Archives Intern (2020)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Archives Repository
Margaret R. and Robert M. Freeman Library
200 N. Arthur Ashe Boulevard
Richmond VA 23220-4007 United States