Bulletins / Calendars / VMFA Magazines (PB-03)
Scope and Contents
The collection's inclusive dates are 1940-present. The publishing frequncy changed many times, as did the numbering, and the title, which changed from Bulletin to Calendar in 1995, and then to VMFA Magazine in 2009.
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (Organization)
The collection is open for research.
The collection is subject to all copyright laws. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright, beyond that allowed by fair use, requires the researcher to obtain permission of copyright holders.
12 Linear Feet (2,566 items)
Language of Materials
The collection is part of the Publications Archive, and is comprised of archival copies of all Bulletins / Calendars / VMFA Magazines published by the museum since 1940. The publishing frequncy has changed many times (monthly, quarterly, bi-monthly) and the title changed three times, but the publication has always served to document the daily activities at the museum, including exhibitions, tours, programs, lectures, and more.
The collection is organized into three series, and items are arranged chronologically within each series.
- Series 1
- Bulletins, 1940-1995
- Series 2
- Calendars, 1995-2008
- Series 3
- VMFA Magazine, 2009-2018
The collection was transferred from the Library. Accretions are added regularly when new materials are published.
Related Materials - VMFA Library
- Bound volumes of the Bulletin / Calendar are available in the Reading Room
The archives strives to retain a minimum of 5 copies of Bulletins / Calendars / VMFA Magazines.
- Finding Aids to the Institutional Records of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in the VMFA Archives | Bulletins / Calendars / VMFA Magazines
- Publications Archive 03 (PB-03)
- Courtney Yevich Tkacz, VMFA Archivist
- March 2016 (n.b. inventory continually updated)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Archives Repository
Margaret R. and Robert M. Freeman Library
200 N. Arthur Ashe Boulevard
Richmond VA 23220-4007 United States