Showing Collections: 61 - 78 of 78
The collection is comprised of brochures, catalogs, and specification sheets produced by mid-20th century Scandinavian designers and design firms.
The collection helps document the formation of the Kamoinge Workshop in the early 1960s, including a notebook with minutes from their earliest meetings. Photographs from the collection show the early members of Kamoinge, and in particular focuses on the life of Louis H. Draper (1935-2002).
The collection documents the work of the Staff Association from 1996-2009, including the group's by-laws, meeting minutes, and event files. The Staff Association was comprised of employees from across the museum's various departments and was founded to provide support for the staff through different activities and staff events.
This collection’s inclusive dates are 1959-2008. It is comprised of newspaper clippings, letters (mainly from Mallory Freeman, fellow Virginia Museum Theater actor), event invitations and programs, and an audiotape.
The collection documents the work of the Trustees from 1933-2010, including committee files, signed minutes, meeting files, rosters, and records from Trustee Presidents and the Secretary of the Museum.
In 2016, the Deborah Turbeville Foundation gifted the museum two photographs of Cy Twombly in his studio in Bassano, Italy. In addition, the Foundation loaned slides and contact sheets that document the entire photoshoot and allowed the museum to digitize them as supporting contextual material. The digital files are available for research on-site at the Freeman Library.
The collection was assembled by the French scholar Pierre Sanchez, who collected hundreds of lithographs by Horace Vernet (1789-1863) to write the catalogue raissoné of Vernet's lithographic work. The largest privately owned collection of Vernet's graphic works, the collection is comprised of three unpublished volumes of over 300 works, as well as eight loose prints, one poster, and one letter.
The collection is part of the Publications Archive, and is comprised of archival copies of video productions created by the museum. The collection includes wide-ranging productions about the museum's collection for both adult and young audiences.
The collection is comprised of one bound volume entitled "Silver in the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts". It includes photographs from an installation of Willcox’s silver on loan in the Thalhimer Gallery in 1989, as well as clippings, research, and photographs related to his collection.
The collection documents the service of Eda Carter Williams to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Williams was nominated to be a Trustee of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in 1954, and served for 11 years until 1965. She was also a founding member of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Council in 1955 and served on the Council for 45 years, until 2000.
The collection documents the career of renowned lensless photographer Willie Anne Wright. Wright's paintings, serigraphs and drawings were her professional focus until 1972 when pinhole photography became her primary creative medium. Comprised mainly of the exhibition files Wright maintained, as well as information about gallery representation and art sales, the collection traces the evolution of her artistic journey over four decades.
- Art, American -- Virginia -- 20th century 3
- Fund raising -- Virginia 3
- Photography, Artistic 3
- Photography, Artistic -- Exhibitions 3
- Richmond (Va.) 3
- Art -- Virginia -- Richmond -- History 2
- Artists -- Virginia 2
- Museums -- Marketing 2
- Museums -- Membership 2
- Photographers -- Virginia 2
- Photography--History--20th century 2
- Photography--History--21st century 2
- African American folk art 1
- African American photographers 1
- Alaskan Engineering Commission 1
- American Eclipse (Race horse), 1814-1847 1
- Art -- Private collections -- Germany 1
- Art -- Private collections -- Virginia -- Richmond 1
- Art -- Virginia -- Periodicals 1
- Art -- Virginia -- Richmond -- Exhibition techniques -- History 1 + ∧ less
- English 74
- French 2
- Danish 1
- Latin 1
- North American Indian languages 1
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts 13
- Cheek, Leslie, 1908- 2
- Draper, Louis H., 1935-2002 2
- Fabergé (Firm) 2
- Fabergé, Peter Carl, 1846-1920 2
- Kamoinge Inc. 2
- Payne, John Barton, 1855-1935 2
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Marketing and Communications 2
- Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Council 2
- A La Vieille Russie (Firm) 1
- Academy of Sciences and Fine Arts 1
- Agelasto, Michael Alexander, 1869-1949 1
- Alan Wofsy Fine Arts 1
- Alderman, Edwin Anderson, 1861-1931 1
- Art Club of Richmond 1
- Arts Council of Richmond 1
- Bayliss, W. M. F. (William Murray Forbes), 1896- 1
- Belmont, the Gari Melchers Memorial Gallery 1
- Branch, Blythe 1
- Charlet, Nicolas-Toussaint, 1792-1845 1 + ∧ less